+

History

Links

x

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Story of a Taxi Boy

I think being a Taxi boy is an interesting job. Almost everyday after work, my Father always talk to me about any interesting people that he had served.

1) The want-to-act-rich-but-not-rich-teenage-boy:

A boy took 4 girls with him on the taxi. At the end of the journey, he waited for the girls to leave before paying. It turns out that he lacked $0.40. To you it may seem peanuts, but your parents are not taxi boys and girls.

2) Taiwan-drama-wannabe-girls-but-actually-only-Singaporeans:


This 2 girls kept talking about you-love-me-me-love-you stuff on the Taxi. Loudly. My Father said that the two girls are even uglier than his girlfriend. Even though I've never seen those girls, I concur.

3) High-class people not happy with the route my Father takes:


Unreasonable but high-class people debating about routes with a Taxi driver. I say, if you are so high class you should have your own chaffeur. Taking a Taxi just means you are low-class.

4) Look down on by normal cars:

From Honda to Toyota to Mitsubishi Lancer, cars horn at you more. Just because you are Taxi Boy.

But nothing beats this. Something my Father told me yesterday.

He was driving around Bedok, when an Ah-Pek popped out of nowhere in a drunken state. He wasn't wearing any shoes and had blood all over his shirt. My Father, using his Spider-sense, quickly locked all the doors and then wind-down the window.

The following was in Hokkien :


Taxi Boy : Why? Kena whacked?!

Ah Pek : No lah.

Taxi Boy : Go where?

Ah Pek : Geylang Lorong 23. *In a blurry state*

Taxi Boy : Okok come in.

A few minutes after boarding . . .

Ah Pek : Eh, see my left eye here the cut deep or not?

Taxi Boy : No lah. Cannot see properly. But confirm don't need to stitch.

Ah Pek reeked of Alcohol, so my Father asked . . .

Taxi Boy : Eh, you drank is it?

Ah Pek : No lah. I only drank last night.

Upon reaching the destination, the Ah Pek was already asleep. My Father woke him up. The Ah Pek did a bodysearch on himself. Then he said . . .

Ah Pek : Knn! Wallet kena stolen!

Taxi Boy thinks : This time siao liao. Crazy ah pek no money.

Ah Pek : Never mind never mind! I call my friends.

At this pivotal moment, he wind down the window and shouted across the Geylang alley. Two guys came over.

Ah Pek : Pay him the taxi fare.

The two guys then carried him out of the car.

Taxi Boy : Ok liao ah?

The Two Guys : Ok ok thank you thank you.

Wah seh, it turns out that the Ah Pek is a Gangster Boss.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | That day . . . » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger