+

History

Links

x

Friday, September 22, 2006

The Weather Man



I got the DVD mainly because 1) there's Nicolas Cage, 2) there's the interesting title (and boxart).

The movie is mainly about life. Specifically about the the present American life, but I feel it generally applies to everyday life in any First-World-Country. The film is surprisingly pessimistic, dark, yet humourous, and unconventional for a supposed Hollywood movie.

Nicolas Cage is David Spritz, a Weather Man like those you see on those Newschannels, but he doesn't have a degree in Meteorology. Basically, he's an arsehole (in true Ranjit-Singh-Style) in the movie. He may be earning big money, but his life is really fucked up. His Father doesn't take him seriously, his marriage is in tatters, his children are straying, and even strangers throw fast-food at him for no apparent reason.


That was refreshing. I'm refreshed. I'm refreshing.


That was in the opening moments. It's funny that it's what the movie is - refreshing. The movie is honest, brutally honest, and negative. I'm really surprised anyone would allowed such a movie to be made. The movie is actually saying that Americans have no depth in life.

Here's another quote to the movie :

The hard thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing.


How true. I can't believe I missed the movie in the theatres. It probably ran out of print before the trailer even ran. Anyway I wouldn't have make it then. The movie is rated M18 for a hilarious sex scene, and vulgarities. Still, it's a very good movie, except for a few flaws like unnecessary subplots, but it has become one of my favourites and I will definitely find the time to watch it again to have a good laugh.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Soon, it's Time To Eat Glass » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger