+

History

Links

x

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Courtesy is for you and me!

Courtesy week is here and I find what our Prime Minister said very encouraging.

Mr Lee said: "As we grow and globalise, the values of care, compassion and neighbourliness will become even more important. No society can survive, let alone prosper, if its people are only concerned with pursuing material wealth. Kindness is the thread that runs through our social fabric, making it stronger and more cohesive."


However, I cried when I read his encouraging words. Many years ago I would say that I'm extremely courteous in doing anything. But now, I'm just a mere shadow of my former self. Sometimes I don't know what I'm thinking when I do those unkind things, nevertheless I still think I'm quite courteous by Singaporeans' standard.

All the growing up has brainwashed me and make me less courteous. =(


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | I regret joining Polytechnic =( » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger