+

History

Links

x

Friday, May 05, 2006

I thought Aliens abducted my Father this morning

I was sleeping when my sister asked : "Kor, Papa go where already?". It was already 6 a.m. in the morning and I was going to have my lesson at 8 a.m. I feel like writing an essay for Ranjit

I replied, : "Huh?", and went back to sleep again. Actually, earlier I woke up at 4 a.m. out of a sudden but I had forced myself back to sleep again.

I finally woke up at 6.30 later but I felt like crap compared to when I woke up at 4 a.m. I walked around and then I saw that in my Father's room, the bed is nicely done.

Where could he have gone to? No news, no nothing. I made myself a nice cup of coffee and had a piece of bread before rushing off to school. I didn't call my Father until 1 p.m.

It turns out that he had accompanied my Ah Ma to the hospital for some check-up. Wah seh, what a filial boy. So naturally I asked if the doctors said anything.

I reached home and saw that he had his backpack ready. Don't need to say I also know. He must be going for his honeymoon again. It's true, I am such a clever boy. This time round, he's taking the bus. The type that goes from Golden Mile Complex (Little Thailand), to Woodlands, Perak and then Hatyai.

Honeymoon means more freedom but also more trouble for me. My Mother is increasingly suspicious of my Father's frequent overseas trips. It's a difficult thing to hide, because the dialing tone is different overseas. She calls him sometimes because I am lazy in picking up the phone. The funniest part is that they are divorced but my Mother still wants to cut into his life. She always ask what my Father is doing overseas. Sometimes I want to tell her that he's having fun but it's best to keep quiet.

Yesterday, I received news that my Fourth Grandaunt is about to up lorry soon. She has 3rd degree Lung Cancer, which means bo chance liao. She's always the first relative I visit when I go to Jiu Hoo. And she loves to cook for me. So much that I have to reject it at times because she cooks too much. I will never get to eat them again. The saddest part is that I more or less won't get to see her for the last time. The last time I visited her was when my Ah Gong up lorry during April last year.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Charlotte's Web » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger