+

History

Links

x

Monday, August 07, 2006

3rd world service in a 1st world country

I finally bought my pair of sandals yesterday. Unfortunately, there isn't the size for the Nike one that I liked, so I settled for Merrell.

I also bought a few printer's cartridges, an optical mouse and some photo papers.

I bought my sandals at Royal Sporting House. The first girl that served me was very good. Approachable, and is also quite a looker. But the second isn't so. She had bad attitude. She thinks I'm going to steal something. It has to be the attire I was in. It has to be the attire my Father was in. It has to be the attire my sister was in. Brandless T-shirt, short pants, and old and tattered shoes. But when it comes to the payment part, the attitude changes when my Father paid using his Aluminium card.

The same can be said about the shop where I bought the computer stuffs from. The salesboy can go from not-happy-face to 'Thank you sir!' when my Father paid using his Golden card.

It's not so sad that looks play such an important part of life. But it's sad when it determines your ability to buy things, and your ability to 'deserve' the different kinds of attention and services.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Tao Ji Ji » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger