+

History

Links

x

Monday, August 14, 2006

I see more and more Ang Mohs everyday

It's true. For the past month or so, it's significant enough to stand out in my blain. I feel that I see more Ang Mohs everyday. On the MRT, on the Buses, and at Parkway Parade.

I think it's excellent and wonderful news for the people of Singapore. This means in the not too distant future, Singapore's gene pool will be much more stronger, more muscular, better and disease-free.

Everytime I see Ang Mohs, I feel such a great sense of inferiority. Even greater than Spiderman's Spider Sense.

For males, they are so tall, so handsum, chiselled face, high nose bridge, sharp nose, and so muscular. For females, they are so tall, sharp chin, high nose bridge, sharp nose, big breasts, long legs, shiny legs, wide hips, and so sexy.

Am I feeling insecure about myself? No I'm not. I've live long enough to do away with the firewall surrounding me. In fact, I love Ang Mohs. They are actually funny people.

They talk very good english. So good that they can make me go nodding even if I don't understand them. It's like watching Hollywood movies without the Chinese subtitles. But you will still understand the story.

Once at the my house's downstair, there's this African-American who wears hip-hop style and asked me for directions. I told him to take a bus but he don't want, he die die wants to walk. So I told him like that then like that and like that you will reach Parkway Parade. He said thank you man and at that moment it was probably the proudest moment of my life - An Ang Moh thanking me.

Once at a shop in Funan IT Mall (the coolest place on Earth), the sales-lady kept attending to the Ang Moh and no one gave any attention to me. I didn't feel offended as it allowed time and space for myself to give some consideration on the stuffs I was going to buy. Till this day I couldn't find the Ang Moh and if I did, I would like to thank him for that.

Once while waiting for eternity for Bus 196 to arrive. An Ang Moh out of a sudden asked me what a Raintree is. I pointed to heaven and then to the Raintree. He asked me why is it called one. So I said, "Yah know, trees are mysterious organisms. When the rain comes or the sun goes down, the leaves of the raintree shuts itself up. Other than that two conditions, they stay open. Yah know. Exotic eh?" The Ang Moh was very surprised by my level of knowledge. As they used to say, Knowledge is Power.

Last time, I used to attend The British Council at the Temasek Polytechnic of Singapore. The Ang Moh teachers there are great people. They like to, for some reason, show us the short films of Wallace and Gromit. Anyway, I never had the chance to thank them because as of today my English is better than my Chinese technically. I used to get Zero for English last time. A few hundred years ago my Father always kill me for my English, but nowadays he always express his disappointment at my lack of Chinese knowledge. As they used to say, Time and Tide changes a man.

I see the increase in the number of Ang Mohs as the final jigsaw to the completion of a Westernised and Global City, our Home. The Chinese are half-done and it will not be long before other races follow suit. But first, Paul Twohill has to become the best Idol in the world and take the lead in the Singapore remake of The Ring.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Man Lian 3 - 0 UEFA Cup Champions » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger