+

History

Links

x

Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Departed



We have a I-Can't-Get-An-Oscar-Director, Leonardo Di Caprio, Matt Damon, and Jack Nicholson. All these, supremely talented individuals who didn't disappoint in their performances in the film. Still, The Departed is at best a competent(just) homage to the original Infernal Affairs.

A homage it is. Most of time, all it does is paying homage to Infernal Affairs.

The Departed is darker, because it's much more violent and merciless. The dialogue is superb. I like the soundtrack too. There are some interesting twists to the original story, but personally I thought the ending would have made a much more powerful impact had it stay intacted.

I've watched Infernal Affairs many times. But I still enjoyed The Departed. I stepped out of the cinema hall and I asked myself if I wanted to watch it again. I said yes to myself and there's no truer tests to whether a film is good or not.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Make me excited for Nothing » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger