+

History

Links

x

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Many steps from me, One small leap in time

I know I haven't post for so long. But as they used to say, everything happens for a reason. You see, I've been preparing myself to be muscular and fit so as to excel in NS. Recently I struck a deal with my polytechnicfriend to run 2.4 kilometres every Tuesday and Thursday.

The first session was last Tuesday. I clocked in at 17 minutes. It seems that my polytechnicfriend was there to make myself feel superior because he only ran 800 metres.

Then the following Thursday came. Alas, illness brought me down, so it was cancelled. As GuanYinMa would have it, my polytechnicfriend contracted my illness too and we missed the Tuesday session. So all in all we missed two sessions.

However, today was a day of redemption. I clocked in at 13 minutes 16.2 seconds. Though its nothing to shout about, but :

(17 X 60) - (13 X 60 + 16.2) / (17 X 60) X 100 = 21.94117647 % Improvement

Statistically speaking my friend did better, because he ran 2 kilometres today. That's like ... never mind.

I started off strongly. Leaving my polytechnicfriend to eat the dust of my dust. I kept running past this Primary School Physical Education teacher. Too bad I couldn't see her clearly enough because my Visual Aid wasn't on. It's like GuanYinMa gave me a gift but he/she forgot to wrap it nicely. I also ran past Primary school kids. They are so cute that I feel so old out of a sudden. (See Fig.1)

As I was about to complete the Penultimate lap, I saw my polytechnicfriend in a distance. The distance was decreasing, and it made me feel like stopping. Fortunately, the Yeo Hiap Seng in me exploded, unleashing its potential into life, therefore propelling me forward into my ultimate lap, and finally completing the 2.4 kilometres run.

After the climax, I felt like I'm going to float anytime. You know the feeling. The feeling that you always have when you got off the best roller-coaster ride you just had. I strolled to the water cooler. Even the algae-infested outlet of the water couldn't stop the thirst in me.

Although there's like only 20% of improvement in such a short span of time, I feel that I can still do better. As they always say, there's always room for improvement. Next time I will just try to break my personal record of 10 minutes 30 seconds.


Fig.1 Me watching the kids and resting after the run


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | These few days my father's friend is in Singapore » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger