+

History

Links

x

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

King Kong 'Premiere'

This is what I call a lousy premiere. I went to Shaw Tower Beach Road (aka the lousy and old cinema) and discovered that I had just stepped into a Premiere Movie Event.

Premiere my foot. The public can buy the tickets and get to enjoy the movie with the invited guests. Moreover, there were Sneak Previews around Singapore the day before.

While waiting for my Father to buy the tickets, some King Kong-wannabe in Black and Hairy Suits waved at me and gave me one of my Favourite Fruit - The Banana.



Not bad. Free some more. I tried to take some pictures of the Fake King Kong but it always siam me and don't let me take the face.





A Mediacorp artiste was the host and in the above peekture he's trying to get people to take peektures with a Fake King Kong.

Don't know why not much people wants to, so I decided to give him chance and took a picture with the Fake King Kong.

I look damn ugly in the peekture lah. The pose and everything is all wrong. The camera man don't know how to take peektures one. The Fake King Kong and Me weren't even in the centre of the picture. How I wish someone is posing together with me. My Father shy ah he did not want take a peekture with a Fake King Kong. He went to the Washroom instead.



After the photo-taking, my Father and I went to Starbucks to have a coffee because the time isn't right yet.









The time has come and we went up the Escalator.



In a bid to make the event more Prestigious, a third-rate host tried to interact with the people. This premiere also very funny, you must queue to enter, if not cannot.

I remember the Initial D Gala premiere. Don't need to queue at all one. You feel like you are walking down a red carpet (albeit a small one), because so many people are beside you and they don't have the tickets to watch the premiere. The actual fact is they are squeezing to catch a glimpse of their favourite star entering the cinema.





Leaving my signature on the Premiere event mini-poster. Though I'm just an uninvited guest who paid.



The Silver Screen



Actually, the movie hasn't start. I look engrossed but I'm just posing for the camera.



One of my favourite lines from the movie :

Ann Darrow : What are you writing?

Jack Driscoll : I'm writing a comedy play for you.

Ann Darrow : Why are you writing one for me? (act blur and cute)

Jack Driscoll : Isn't it obvious?

Then they started to kiss and you know the rest.

Jack Driscoll (a Shakespeare person aka Scriptwriter in the movie) is played by Adrien Brody (the guy with the slanted nose). A very good actor. I like his acting especially in 'The Pianist' and 'The Jacket'.

I feel that he's an extremely sad and stupid character. He sacrificed everything for Ann Darrow (Naomi Watts) but he never knew that he had already lost to a Big Monkey. He hasn't even started the fight but he had already lost.

The movie sets, CGI, soundtrack and atmosphere are excellent. Certainly something you would expect from a Killion-dollars production. And I like the continuous references to Singapore.

Perhaps the good thing about this movie is that it doesn't take itself too seriously.
Most of the interaction (or love) scenes between Ann and King Kong are downright funny.

The plot is stupid but it is after all, a movie. A form of entertainment.

The movie is so good that you won't notice that you had sat for 2 hours plus until your buttocks tell you so. At the end, things became way too draggy though.

Still, King Kong is all together a very good movie. One of my favourites of 2005, but just behind The War Of The Worlds . Everyone should watch this revival of a classic (the first version was released in 1933).


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Just woke up » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger