+

History

Links

x

Monday, January 02, 2006

Fort Minor









"It's called Fort Minor, instead of my name because there are a bunch of other people involved in the project. But I only wanted to work with family and friends; people that I feel are really close to me and we see eye-to-eye."

"'Fort' represents the more aggressive side of the music. 'Minor' can mean a few things: if you're talking about music theory, the minor key is darker. I wanted to name the album rather than having my name on the cover, because I want people to focus on the music, not me."


-- Mike Shinoda


All of the music on The Rising Tied was composed, produced and mixed by Shinoda alone.

Fort Minor must thank Gay Chou. I wouldn't have listened to the track 'Believe Me' if it wasn't for 四面楚歌 (Besieged). Gay Chou was accused of copying Fort Minor (a.k.a Every Asians sure copy the West one). If I didn't listen to the track 'Believe Me', then I wouldn't have bought their album.

The fact is Gay Chou didn't copy Fort Minor. They just used the same background music from some company.

In music, sampling is the act of taking a portion of one sound recording, the sample, and reusing it as an instrument or element of a new recording. This is typically done with a sampler, which can be a piece of hardware or a computer program on a digital computer as in digital sampling. Sampling is also possible with tape loops or with vinyl records on a phonograph.

-- Wikipedia


Tracks I like from the album are :
Remember The Name
Right Now
Petrified
Feel Like Home
Where'd You Go
Back Home
Believe Me
Get Me Gone
High Road
Kenji
Red To Black
Slip Out The Back


It's virtually the whole album, so yes it's really good.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | New desktop for the New year » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger