+

History

Links

x

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Almost But Couldn't



Yesterday was supposed to be another 2.4 km run session with my polytechnicfriend, but the weather didn't like us so we postponed it.

Today, I ran alone. There was only this huge guy walking around the track and a Pest Control Uncle who always glanced at me when I ran past him.

I had wanted to cancel it. I even sms-ed my polytechnicfriend that I'm cancelling it. The wind was very big and the clouds were very black.

However, it was at that moment that Guan Yin Ma whispered into my ear and said, why should you let Lightning God control your destiny? I agreed with him/her. Since I was already at Bedok, I might as well just take the bus to the Stadium, take a huge leap of faith, and run.

The leap paid off. I clocked in at 10 minutes and 36 seconds. 6 seconds short of my personal best. If only I had gave my all in the ultimate lap. The clouds were gathering and lightning was lightning, but it still hasn't rain.

After the run, I perspired more than I did in the last two sessions combined. Sweat was dripping from my eyelashes and my clothes and pants were drenched. I rested for a while, but it still won't rain.

My ability to improve so much within such a short period proves only one thing. And that is I have a fairly good stamina inside me, but the funny thing is I have asthma. Next time, I should be breaking my personal best.

I took bus 31 back home and on the way I had Mee Pok Dry. After that, I had some Honeydew. Nowadays, the Honeydew no more Malaysia one, only got Australia one. Then just as I was about to walk home, it finally rained.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Still a great song » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger