+

History

Links

x

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I work because I need to work

If I have a choice, or if Guan Yin Ma gave me a choice, I would have choose to be born with a titanium spoon. However, life is not like that or else there wouldn't be yin and there wouldn't be yang.

My colleagues and friends at work seemed to think I'm some rich man's son. They saw me with a Dopod, a bag that looks like LV/Blueberry (or whatever you call it), Seiko Watch, Levis' specs, and Nike shoes.

Seriously, are those above not affordable for most? My Nike costs only $115, which is relatively cheap for a Nike footwear. The Dopod may cost over a thousand dollars, but its the reason why Credit Card and 0% interest instalment was invented. My bag is just a bag that somehow looks branded except that it isn't. And that Seiko Watch was a result of my father's blood and sweat for over 15 years at that German company, which is the reason why I would never wear any other watch ever again.

Because of those, they think I'm just there to kill some time and earn some 'small' money.

Personally, I think its hard to judge if someone is loaded. They may be driving their cars down Orchard Road, or flashing their gadgets and cool fashion stuffs down the streets, but at the end of the day, you don't know how badly their bank account gets sucked everyday.

I may have a Dopod or wear a Seiko, but I still wear mostly 3 for $10 T-shirts you see at Pasar Malam and short pants with sandals. I don't even have a Giordano for Guan Yin Ma's sake! I'm just a ... fashion disaster. =P

So ultimately, I'm just from a low-income family with "huge, occasional" indulgences. Most of the time I'm a just-below-normal, Singaporean boy.

Today is my off day. So I got time to log into blogspot and talk cock. Tomorrow have to work again. Working really makes me tired out easily, plus there's some undone work at Polytechnic. But its okay, I think this process will make my time-management levelup.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Got peepur laugh at me =( » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger