+

History

Links

x

Friday, August 24, 2007

My Blog Reeks Of Death



And now my template has went mad and everything looks funny.

Later at night, I'm taking my last examination for the year. The subjec.. I mean module is called Organisational Management. When I first heard of it, I thought I was going to be a General Manager if I ever Aced in it. However, later I thought it was just a module designed to balance the equation (aka Grade Point Average).

For the first time in my PolytechnicYears, I think I'm going to do quite badly for my exams. And by bad I mean 3.0/4.0. For obvious reasons Aeronautical students are so clever that the average is 3.5/4.0. Therefore, I'm not going to be a average student anymore.

However, I don't feel bad/guilty/sad about it. Because I expected it. What with all that fake smile and energy-consuming work at that restaurant in Centrepoint.

I will never work again in the F&B industry if I have a choice. I can't forgive myself when I fake that smile.

When the food is bad, you take the shit.
When the service is bad, you take the shit.
When the customers aren't flowing, you take the shit.

No wonder my Father always tell me not to follow in his footsteps. He says I should be a robot and carry balls and smile whenever I can.

Still, I have gained a massive amount of experience working in the F&B industry. It let me into the (small) world of Singaporeans who are full of shit. It's very funny and sad at the same time. What's the point of being moneyful when you have no human in you?

I don't know why, but I don't experience this with Ang Mohs at all. They are so appreciative of you serving them, compared to my few fellow Singaporeans who gives me the idea that I owed them in my past life. And most of them are Chinese by the way.

The sad thing about being Chinese is that you get all that backstabbing from your fellow people. It's like an internal conflict due to a lack of common identity and culture where it was destroyed(eradicated) a long time ago. You don't see this with the Malays for example. You see them very proud of their own culture and race, and they treat their own as their own.

And now I finally understand why I don't get served as well as Ang mohs get to in any shops in Singapore. It's all about balancing an equation (again) isn't it? You treat me bad and I treat you bad too.

Singaporeans (where mostly are Chinese) always complain about poor service. They should ask themselves if they deserve good service. But what is good service? There's a river between good service and ridiculous service. Mostly, Singaporeans expect the latter.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Quote-worthy » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger