+

History

Links

x

Friday, December 16, 2005

I am such an honest boy

Now that the gahment doesn't provide me (Polytechnic students) with free Dental check-up. I decided to make an appointment with my friendly neighbourhood Dental Clinic.

So, I met up with my friendly neighbourhood Dentist today.

The frustrating thing about going to the Dentist is that I have to find somewhere else to 'look at' when the man's doing his job.

This time round however, I couldn't find that 'somewhere else'.

There was this chiobu nurse with the Dentist in the room, and all she had to do was stick something into my mouth. Don't ask me, I also don't know what's that for. Seeing that I become even more shy when I see chiobu, I had to look away. But I couldn't. There's no place for me to look at. So, it was a very uncomfortable experience for me.

After the check up, I proceeded to the receptionist. I discover to my horror, that she (or the company) doesn't accept NETs as payment. The receptionist trusted me so I quickly went to the nearby Kopi Shop to withdraw $60 Moola.

Again, I discover to my horror, that the ATM was not working. In fact, the 2 ATMs were not working. Where am I going to get the money?

It was at that pivotal moment that I discover the true meaning of 'Character Development'. Character Development, as most can tell through the name itself, is a very stupid and pointless module for Polytechnic Students. However, I actually find it to good use in real life. After much self-thinking, I decided to be an honest boy and not take the golden opportunity to escape payment.

Very quickly I was back at the Dental Clinic - with the Moola.

I entered the Clinic, the Receptionist didn't say it, but she had that look on her face. The face that says, "You went digging for gold ijit?".

So without her asking I told her in Mandarin -

Yours Truly : The ATM there spoil liao.

Receptionist
: Huh? So you went home and take?

Yours Truly : No, I went to Parkway to withdraw money.

*Shocked look and Giggles and Giggles*

Receptionist : Why you never go home take?

Yours Truly : My house no money.

*Giggles and more Giggles*

Receptionist : Xie Xie. Bye! (Passes me the receipt)

Yours Truly
: Bye bye.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | King Kong 'Premiere' » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger