+

History

Links

x

Friday, October 27, 2006

The Inside Thing Nowadays Is Elites and Good Engrish

You all got notice or not? Firstly, there's this MP's daughter who -

i am inclined - too much, perhaps - to dismiss such people as crackpots. stupid crackpots. the sadder class. too often singaporeans - both the neighborhood poor and the red-taloned socialites - kid themselves into believing that our society, like most others, is compartmentalized by breeding. ridiculous. we are a tyranny of the capable and the clever, and the only other class is the complement.


Wah lan eh. After the first two words only I don't know what is 'inclined' already man. But the passage looks very nice and sophisicated. Even though I don't understand the passage, I still think it's a very good English passage. I remember in Primary school, I used to fail English. Especially at the part in the English tests where they tests you on your matured vocabularly. Everytime they give you something blank to fill in, then I always choose the very sophisicated and cheem cheem word, but I still always get wrong.

My class also got one Elite. But belong to lousier type of elite, because he is Polytechnic student. To summary it up, he's those 'I rock like Sylvester Sim while you suck like Gay Chou and God Forbid Anyone Who Has A Different Opinion' type.

My Ah gong, ah ma, Father, Mother, younger sister, cousins, auntie, uncle, great ah gong and great ah ma always tell me that one mountain higher still got another one higher. I think it's true because today I read the cheem cheem TIMES magazine and I read that Mount Everest has lost 37 metres in height ever since it's peak.

My Father quitted his high paying job (ok lah, not very high paying lah but for a poor family like mine it's considered better than tok-kong.com) to drive a taxi. While the income is lower, working hours longer, but he told me he feels healthier and less pressurised. There are some elites who takes Taxis and talk as if you owe them, but my Father say it's all in the minority. He told me that at his previous company, he could feel that his body is dying because of all the stress and workload.

He told me all that crap but I was still very touched. So I swear to Guan Yin Ma that I will get my Diploma and start working so that he can retire and watch Prison Break everyday at home. While a Diploma pay is lousy only $1.5 k, but at least my more muscular body can take the stress and loads.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Talk Cock one leh. =( » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger