+

History

Links

x

Monday, January 29, 2007

Suddenly The World Is Very Friendly

I don't know isit because recently I've become more and more and more handsum, but people and strangers I saw and touched appears very friendly.

I got one ang moh friend who lives in ang mo kio tells me that Singaporean very unfriendly. I told him impossible because everytime I see people and strangers smiling at foreigners, especially during the IMF.

The other day I was in unlucky bus 13. The bus was crowded like people mountain people sea. At the end of the bus is a slope that goes up and there was this Orpit lady who stood on higher ground. At some point on the way home the bus captain out of a sudden push the brake hard hard so it made everyone swing forward. I managed to stand my ground but the Orpit lady cannot make it too lousy so she leaned on me but it didn't feel like she was leaning on me. Maybe because she is too light. Normally anyone would give me a not happy face but abnormally she smiled at me apologetically and I was touched and as they used to say a smile can make a person's day.

Then another of the other day I walked past this traditional shop selling household items like pails and brooms. I accidently stepped on the uncle's foot but instead of being angry and mumbling some hokkien phrases that says the youths are nothing but shit the uncle actually acknowledged my apologies and even smiled at me. I was surprised and as they used to say a smile can make a person's day.

Finally today I went to have some fish soup for dinner. The cook smiled and asked me about my T-shirt which featured The Beatles. Normally people would ask, you listen to the beatles ah? and I would reply that I actually know nothing about the beatles but just act only to make myself look more cool to blend into the crowd something like that, but this guy here actually asked me is this the group from Taiwan called F4. I don't know if he's trying to be funny or if he's trying to be clever but as they used to say a smile can make a person's day.

Therefore, from today onwards, I seek to smile to make a person's day. You should too to make Singapore have more good years ahead. Tomorrow first thing I will do is smile at the examiner. Wish me luck for the exams and those who are waiting for NS as well as those who are having exams like me, best of luck to you too.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | Today Exams Haven End But » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger