+

History

Links

x

Friday, May 26, 2006

A stranger gave me a sweet today

It was morning, I was on my way to the MRT on bus 13, and then came this old lady who sat beside me.

At first, she kept observing me. Then, out of a sudden, she pushed a sweet onto my right hand. I was very surprised, and then we had a conversation in Hokkien-Chinese :

Ah Um : "You go study is it?"

Me : "Ah."

Ah Um : "Study what school?"

Me : "Singapore Polytechnic."

Ah Um : "Oh, I didn't study. I don't know what's that." *with a laugh*

Me : *Also laughs*

Ah Um : "You must study hard. Earn money!" *with laughter*

Me : *Continue laughing*

I was about alight soon, and then . . .

Ah Um
: "You going to change bus?"

Me : "Ah." *with a smile*

Ah Um
: "Bye bye!"

I was seriously a very happy boy after that conversation.

My parents and Civic And Moral Education told me that I should never accept sweets from any stranger. But I ate it after school anyway. It tastes like Bird Nest.



After school, I reached Eunos MRT and bought 5 Tutu for $2.00. There's a Pasar Malam there currently.



When I was very young, living at Geylang, my Father would always buy it for me from City Plaza. (Can see from Paya Lebar MRT Station) That was a long time ago, it cost only $1.50 for 5 then.

And please support her when watching X-men The Last Stand.





She gets very little screentime only as Rogue.


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | My wife is going to commit suicide » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger