+

History

Links

x

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I watched Cars Today

On my way to the movie, an Ang Moh bullied me. He used the handrail in the MRT to tap my head several times. He laughed at the way I reacted. But on thinking back, I think it was just a friendly gesture. A friendly joke of sorts.



Wow. It was my first time in The Cathay. Somemore is Grand Cathay. Then still got pretty usherer usher me to my seat. Wow. I was blown away mens. So high class. I felt that I don't deserve any of that.



Seriously, how can anything go wrong? This is Pixar we are talking about. How many bad cartoons did they make? None. One cartoon after another, they are just too brilliant on their own level. There's no better Pixar cartoon and there's no lousier Pixar cartoon. So should I use cartoon or animation? Which one makes you feel more adult? Orh de kay lah, I think animation sounds better and cooler.

Cars almost changed all that. My initial impressions of its' trailers and posters was that it was uninteresting by Pixar's standards.

Obviously I was proven wrong. Perhaps it was due to the generally low hype surrounding it.

The animation starts off with Pixar's trademark pre-animation animation. This time, it's about two musicians and a very cute little girl with a single token.



After that, Pixar shows you their next upcoming animation. It's about a some rodent who lives in Paris and hates garbage food. I can't wait to watch it.

Visually, Cars is great. The landscapes, the reflections from cars, the tiny small details, and the seamless animation. It's everything you would expect from Pixar.

The story is good and flows well. The characters are great. My favourites are Mater and the Italian couple. And there are also lots of memorable scenes, which makes a second viewing tempting. The humour is very good and there are a couple of funny references to movies like E.T. There are also messages like those about friendship, respect, and being humble.

The Last Stand was disappointing. Da Vinci was confusing. Cars was the underdog but it's standing out to be the best movie of the annual "Summer Blockbusters". At least until Superman Returns.

Mater: She's my fiancée.
Lightning McQueen: What?
Mater: I'm just kidding. She just likes me for my body.




Posted by TheLast |


« Home | I made myself some good breakfast today » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger