+

History

Links

x

Monday, June 05, 2006

Super Mario Kill Bill



YouTube

Stay till the end. The best part comes at the end. I really laughed out loud.

Bill: Do you find me sadistic? You know, I bet I could fry an egg on your head right now, if I wanted to. You know, Kiddo, I'd like to believe that you're aware enough even now to know that there's nothing sadistic in my actions. Well, maybe towards those other... jokers, but not you. No Kiddo, at this moment, this is me at my most... masochistic.


Kill Bill is a great movie. When I first saw it, it was quite a shock because it's unlike anything I've ever seen. I mean, I saw characters' heads being cut off, exposing the brain, arms cut off and blood splurting and gushing about everywhere.

The movie is by Quentin Tarantino, one of my favourite directors. His movies are unconventional and unique, and he's obviously inspired by Hong Kong and Japan. It's just too bad that the Government doesn't like his films too much.

Some quotes from the man:

"Sure, Kill Bill's a violent movie. But it's a Tarantino movie. You don't go to see Metallica and ask the fuckers to turn the music down."

"I don't make movies for America. I make movies for planet Earth."

"What if a kid goes to school after seeing Kill Bill and starts slicing up other kids? You know, I'll take that chance! Violent films don't turn children into violent people. They may turn them into violent filmmakers but that's another matter altogether."

"It's supposed to be kind of amusing and poetic at the same time. And also just a teeny-tiny bit solemn. When you see her head, it's funny. And then her line, 'that really was a Hattori Hanzo sword,' that's funny. But then, the next shot is not funny, when she tips over and Meiko Kaji is singing about revenge on the soundtrack. So, it's all together. Funny. Solemn. Beautiful. Gross. All at the same time."


Posted by TheLast |


« Home | I watched Cars Today » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © Nothing Important Happened Today 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger